Falling Film Evaporator Manufacturers
A Falling Film Evaporator (FFE) is a combination of vertical shell and tube heat exchanger and vapor- liquid separator mounted at bottom.
The feed is given at top of shell & tube type heat exchanger having distributor. The liquid falling on distributor get distributed in such a way that it flow down as a thin film on inside surface of the tube. Heat is given on shell side by heating medium. As the feed receives the heat, vapor generated moves at centre of tube co-currently with liquid. The drag of vapor increases the turbulence and improves heat transfer performance. The mixture of liquid and vapor gets separated in vapor-liquid separator at bottom.
- Circulation pump is needed in most cases to maintain proper wetting rate at bottom of tube.
- Small hold up gives quick response to change in operating conditions.
- Gentle evaporation with short residence time.
- Suitable for heat sensitive productions.
- Multiple effect arrangement can be provided to reduce steam consumption.
- Concentration of dilute solutions of heat sensitive products in water or organic solvent.
- Re-boiler to distillation Column.
- Recovery of solvent from heat sensitive product stream or waste stream.
- Used as a preconcentrator before final thin film evaporator to get complete solvent stripping.
- Dehydration of lubricating oil.
- Low Concentration RO reject Concentration
Our team can assist you in developing a falling film Evaporator that will best meet your custom application needs. Contact us to discuss your specific needs.
A Falling Film Evaporator (FFE) is a vertical shell and tube heat exchanger with a bottom mounted vapour-liquid separator.
The liquid to be concentrated is fed at the top of the heated tubes and distributed in such a way that it flows down on the inside surface of tubes as a thin film.
As the films gets heated, the vapour generated flow co-currently. The drag of vapour increase the turbulence and improves heat transfer performance. The liquid and vapour are separated in the vapour – liquid separator.
- Suitable for heat sensitive products.
- Upto 95% evaporation of feed.
- Multiple effect arrangement for better steam economy.
- Gentle evaporation, mostly under vacuum, with a short residence time in the evaporator.