Agitated Thin Film Dryer Manufacturers
A thin film dryer (TFD) has two major assemblies – jacketed shell and rotor assembly having closely fitting hinged blades which rotates inside the shell.
The feed enters the dryer tangentially and gets distributed equally along inside surface of shell in the form of thin film. The hinged rotor blades keep the film under intense agitation preventing any scale formation. Heating medium passing through the jacket evaporates volatile component in feed. The vapor generated flow counter currently to feed and leaves through vapor nozzle at top of dryer. The dry powder solids at bottom of dryer are collected in receiver.
The feed material goes through different phase of slurry, paste, wet powder and finally comes out as a dry powder.
- Residence time of few seconds eliminates degradation of heat sensitive product.
- Drying in absence of air with indirect heating, hence effective for light and oxygen sensitive products.
- Complete solvent recovery is possible since no air is used for drying as in case of all direct (air) contact dryer.
- Operating pressure can be as low as 1 mbar Thermal efficiency of more than 85%, hence low operating lost compared to other dryer.
- Fine powder of uniform consistency eliminate use of pulverizer for grinding in downstream step. Amorphous powder can be obtained.
- Different rotor designs available for process & effluent drying.
- Drying of bulk drugs, intermediates, dyes, pigments, organic & inorganic salts.
- Drying of effluent stream to get zero discharge.
- Recovery of solvents like DMF, DMSO & Glycerin from salt.
Economy Process Solutions Pvt Ltd, founded in 2014, has grown to a position of
leadership among engineering companies. The Company’s beliefs and values
have been the corner stones on which it has built a durable and growing
business. The company has spearheaded technological change in all the
activities that it is engaged in today: fabrication, engineering, designing and
marketing. We manufacture sophisticated ,state of the art systems . The range
includes equipment designed and fabricated indigenously as well as in
collaboration with some of the world’s leading manufacturing companies.
We have been appointed engineers and contractors for major turnkey projects,
not only in India but also overseas. The Company puts a premium on serving
customers better. At the corporate level, we operate through various Products
Groups, supported by a dedicated team of engineers in the field providing
comprehensive pre-sales and post-sales service through a network of offices